The setting of the Paper Plane Challenge is the University of Sydney Open Day, which is an exciting day of activities that runs from 9am to 4pm. You are strongly encourgaed to join the 27,000 Open Day expected visitors to partake in activities including an array of interactive engineering and science displays. Have a look at the 2014 Open Day highlights and this year should be bigger and better, so come and make a day of it.
One of the must-see displays is the STANSW Young Scientist Models and Inventions Exhibition which will feature all of our Models and Inventions entries for the Young Scientist Awards. Entrants will be there demonstrating their models to the general public. As soon as the 2015 Young Scientist Paper Plane Challenge finishes at 3pm, we will be moving over to the Models and Inventions Exhibition where Dr Karl Kruszelnicki will be announcing the winners of the 2015 Models and Inventions category. Have a look at our 2014 Models and Inventions Exhibition.
The Schedule for the Open Day is as follows:
- 9:00 am The Sydney University Open Day begins including the STANSW Young Scientist Models and Inventions Exhibition
- 10:30 am – 11:45 am Wild-Card Qualifying Session for the 2015 Young Scientist Paper Plane Challenge
- 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm Preliminary Finals for the 2015 Young Scientist Paper Plane Challenge
- 2:05 pm – 2:30 pm Paper Plane Spectacular – Special show by World Championship Paper Plane finalists Dylan Parker & James Norton
- 2:30 pm – 2:55 pm Grand Finals for the 2015 Young Scientist Paper Plane Challenge
- 3:00 pm – 3:30 pm Announcement of the winners of the STANSW Young Scientist Models and Inventions category by Dr Karl Kruszelnicki
- 4:00 pm The Sydney University Open Day ends